Views
Helpful
Replies

Empty Storage TAB in CIMC 1.4(3k) with LSI 1064e

PatrickHauer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

CIMC of C200 M2 Server does not show LSI1064 Device and attached HardDrives.

Is this a Bug or a Feature?

With LSI MegaRaid PCIe Controller it is working.

Thx for help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Patrick,

As per design the storage tab is supposed to show information when you use PCI storage controller. The 1064E controller is not a LSI controller but a mezz card.

Thanks!

./Abhinav

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Patrick,

As per design the storage tab is supposed to show information when you use PCI storage controller. The 1064E controller is not a LSI controller but a mezz card.

Thanks!

./Abhinav

Hi,

Sorry to respond to a closed out thread, but if you are using the LSI 1064e mezz card, how can you view disk information using CIMC?

Thanks

Nick,

If you have that controller, you may not use CIMC for that, but you have the option to:

1-Reboot the server and get into the RAID controller to get the information (disruptive as it involves the servers coming down)

2- Or you may download MSM (MegaRAID Storage Manager) from LSI's website and monitor with this GUI only for the controller and that does not require a reboot at all, you may go to: 

http://www.lsi.com/products/storagecomponents/Pages/LSISAS1064E.aspx > Support and Downloads and see what MSM you may download

I hope that helps.

-Kenny

sorry but what's the difference between a mezz card and a controller? If I am using the 1064e, how can I check my physical drive on the cimc? Thanks

Mezz card is the VIC, typically and the storage controller is going to be the RAID card.

You can likely boot up the server and press the CTRL + key stroke combination you see when you boot the server.

I have seen this before. Try a different Java version and the vMedia tab should be there. 

Try something like Java 6 or another Java 7, like 7u45

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card