Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware and Driver Update for Cisco C220 M3 and C240 M3 Rack servers

sami.khan
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have Cisco C220 M3s and C240 M3s running Windows Server 2008 R2 Operating System. I need to update the firmware and drivers for it. 

I want to know what is the latest I can update for 2008 r2 OS for these two models?

I know 3.0.4 support the firmware but does 3.0.4 drivers version support 2008 R2? If not what is the one i should update the firmware and drivers too? Can the Firmware be 3.0.4 and drivers 1.5.9 for 2008 r2? Does the Firmware version and Drivers version has to be same? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pranavgu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sami,

I would really recommend you to use the Cisco Hardware compatibility link below and this will answer all your queries. 

https://ucshcltool.cloudapps.cisco.com/public/ 

Please note that if your servers are standalone then the min version OS which they will support is Windows 2008 R2 Sp1. Windows 2008 R2 is not recommended for standalone.

Capture.PNG

If the server is integrated than the only version which shows as supported is 2.1.3 so it is really recommended to upgrade the OS version first.

Capture.PNG

Same is for C 240 M3S server for standalone it does not support Windows 2008 R2.

Capture.PNG

For integrated the firmware supported is 2.1.2 and 2.1.3.

Rest all information you can get from the HCL link.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pranavgu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sami,

I would really recommend you to use the Cisco Hardware compatibility link below and this will answer all your queries. 

https://ucshcltool.cloudapps.cisco.com/public/ 

Please note that if your servers are standalone then the min version OS which they will support is Windows 2008 R2 Sp1. Windows 2008 R2 is not recommended for standalone.

Capture.PNG

If the server is integrated than the only version which shows as supported is 2.1.3 so it is really recommended to upgrade the OS version first.

Capture.PNG

Same is for C 240 M3S server for standalone it does not support Windows 2008 R2.

Capture.PNG

For integrated the firmware supported is 2.1.2 and 2.1.3.

Rest all information you can get from the HCL link.

Thank You!!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card