Views
Helpful
Replies

How to shutdown safely my UCS?

mdrangell22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys

I have a CUCM 10.5 running over UCSC-C220-M3SBE and I want to know how Can I turn off my UCS in a safe mode.

I really don't know so much about UCS but I have made a little reseach and I found that I can turn off my UCS using the Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC) is that correct?

If this is correct I want to know this:

1) The CICM is a separate unit of the UCS?

2) If I shutdown my server from here I still be able to access the CICM to turn it on back?

3) Is there any danger that my UCS don't turn it on back using this method? 

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC)  - You use this to shutdown the Server, and you can turn them back using CIMC.

This like KVM or ILO (in traditional world).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello 

Ok thank you for your response, I know now I can shutting down and turn on the UCS using CIMC

But which option should I use to shutdown UCS. the Power Off Server Option or Shut Down Server Option? what is the diffence between them ? and I suposse in both case the CIMC will be available right?

Shutdown server will initiate a soft shutdown and Power off will be a hard shutdown.

Thank you for clarify me the diference.

In both case after I apply Turn Off Server  or  Shutdown Server the web access to CIMC will be available?

yes CMIC available for you.

BB

Hi, I have been reading and I found the answer interesting although I recently manage a UCS C220 M5 and that option of Power Off Shut down does not appear to me. I'm told that that shutdown option is in Host Power (top right of CIMC) and then Shut Down for full shutdown. We want to move it from place to place. That's right? Thanks a lot

Hello 

Ok thank you for your response, I know now I can shutting down and turn on the UCS using CIMC

But which option should I use to shutdown UCS. the Power Off Server Option or Shut Down Server Option? what is the diffence between them ? and I suposse in both case the CIMC will be available right?

depends on your intent to do

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card