cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can´t see the information of LSI MegaRAID 9260-4i card in a server CIMC UCS C200

Hi

I just received a new UCS C200 M2 with a seperate LSI 9260-4i MegaRAID SAS HBA card.

I have installed the card and connected the SAS cables and LSI battery-backup unit (BBU).

When I turn on the server, it recognizes the card, but appear a message of battery “The battery hardware is missing or malfunctioning, or the battery is

unplugged, or the battery discharged …”

dos.jpg

In CIMC--->Inventory--->PCI Adapters appear LSI 9260-4i MegaRAID SAS HBA

I have successfully created my RAID 10, and I installed VMWare 5

tres.jpg

but in CIMC ---> Inventory ---> Storage nothing appears, I can´t see my 4 DD 1 T each.

Currently the Onboard SATA Controller is Disabled and the SATA mode is set to enhanced.

anyone can tell me because I can not see Controller Info, Physical and Virtual Drive Information from CIMC?

regards

1 Reply 1

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Jose,

Please make sure that you are using the latest CIMC code for the server, we have seen that behavior in servers with old firmware...

Download the HUU from here:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283860950&flowid=25801&softwareid=283850974&release=1.4%283p%295&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Make sure you select "All of the above" when doing the upgrade and that SHOULD solve the issue you are having, as the server evidently sees the controller and the disks configured in RAID 10.

For instructions on how to use the HUU, go here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/lomug/1.4.x/install/b_huu_1_4_3.html

Pretty much is ..

1-Map the .iso image (if doing the upgrade remotely)

2-Press F6 and select the appropriate unit you want to boot from (Virtual CD/DVD if upgrading remotely)

3-Choose "All of the above" from the list to make all firmware match from the same firmware bundle

4-Let the upgrade complete and unplug the power cables for about 15 secs to complete the LOM upgrade and check on your issue again.

If the problem is not resolved, do not hesitate to let us know here.

Hope this helps.

-Kenny

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card