cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing the UCS C220 M3S with the UCS Manager

tedmonson-hhsc
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 new Cisco UCS C220 M3S running 2.0(3b) and 2.0(1b) connected to a UCS-FI6248UP 5.2(3)N2(2.23d) via a Intel X520-DA2.  I also have both management interfaces up via a 100 meg copper connections.  My issue is that I can't see these servers in the UCS Manager the UCS-B was a no brainer but the C's are not discovered, I've looked through both the CIMC and the UCS Manager and I don't see an option to change the management to the UCS Manager.  I'm sure that I'm missing something since this is my first experience with the UCS C or UCS as a whole.  Thanks  

4 Replies 4

Abhishek Gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please make sure that the Set up of the UCS C-Series Server Integration with UCSM is correct. Here is the guide when you will be Configuring Single-connect to the IO Module FEXs.

You can also review the link here : Managing Rack-Mount Server.

Let me know if it helps,

Abhishek

Intel X520-DA2 is not supported for integrating a C-series server with UCSM !

To enable SingleConnect for the Cisco UCS Manager integration you must have the Cisco UCS VIC1225 installed in the specific slot assigned for SingleConnect in the rack server. If the VIC is not in the specific slot, SingleConnect does not work.

You can directly connect a C-series server to Fabric Interconnect without a FEX.

Thanks guys for the quick response ..  

Once you get a VIC 1225... don't forget to check your rack-discovery policy under Equipment> Policies> Global policies to be sure your servers are set to be recognized immediately and also, be sure the server is set to "Factory defaults" while in standalone and set the IP to be received by DHCP.

-Kenny

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card