Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220 M3 LAN 1 Not Working

VCsupport17
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have an issue on one of our UCS server wherein the LAN 1 is not working. In the past days this was working and the server is accessible on the network. 

Upon checking it physically, the LAN 1 is not working even it is connected to a known working port on the switch. If i connect my laptop directly to the LAN 1 of the server the NIC will lit and will work and can be accessed on my laptop directly. But when connected to switch it won't work.

Tried to used other LAN cables and also placed it to other working port on the switch.

All the UCS servers are connected on the same switch and only this server have the issue.

thanks,

Sy

2 Replies 2

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Sy,

When you say LAN 1...is that in the OS or is that a vnic in UCSM?

Is this a Blade or Rack mount server? Is it utilizing UCSM? What version are you on?

Does the interfaces on the switch show up/up?

Are you learning the MAC address from the server on the switch?

What switch are you connected to? Model?

Please answer the above questions and provide any further information and we can figure out what the issue is that you are facing.

Thanks,

Wes

Hi Wes,

Thank you for your response.

To answer your queries:

I'm not using UCSM to managed the server, just the CIMC. When i say LAN 1 it's the physical NIC 1 of the server which is not working if i connect to the switch. Management port (CIMC) and LAN 2 is working. I'm just using the Cisco unmanaged SMB switch (SF100D-8ports). I used this kind of switch for staging purposes and the servers are not yet on production. I have 6 servers for staging and only this one server have the issue. 

I'm running version 2.0.8d for C220 M3 rack mount servers.

Right now i managed the server using LAN 2. I'm using VMware ESXi 5.5 for the servers.

regards,

Sy

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card