Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSC-C220-M3S Raid goes "off line"

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I have a UCSC-C220-M3S with 4 hard drives and 8gb memory, I create a raid 0, until this point is ok, but after the devices reboots, and shows the hard drives and the raid, is says 

raid is "off line"

Any ideas?

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Do you happen to have an screenshot?

-Kenny

Keny,

For that I own you that, but when I try to install the ESXI after the first reboot I see the error  shows the LSI off line.

Thanks

What is the RAID controller model?  If you are using the software RAID controller the installation may fail as it is not supported, you need a hardware RAID controller instead and the Cisco's custom installer image of ESXi, which includes the necessary drivers to complete the installation successfully.

-Kenny

Keny,

With the version I have UCSC-C220-M3S where can i check if its for software or hardware?

Where can I see what is the version I have to use for the model I have?

Thanks.

Here are the steps to find it out:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/raid/configuration/guide/RAID_GUIDE/Cisco_UCSM.html#pgfId-1069944

-Kenny

Keny,

In the link you sent me Is the same screen where I see that the raid goes off line.

Thanks.

you have told me what type of RAID controller you have....

I don't have that right now,  I will have that in a few days, is ok if I contact you when I get the info?

Thanks. 

anytime :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card