Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade UCSM without downtime

ZenON
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have question about upgrade UCSM. I have UCSM 2.2(6j) and I want to upgrade to 4.0. I known than I should upgrade first to 3 and next to 4. Is posible Upgrade servers one by one not all in one time?  The point is that I want virtual machines to run on several servers and I will update one

Thanks for help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes this is possible. You want to use host firmware packages on the servers and adjust to the new versions accordingly. Make sure you maintenance policy is set to "user-ack" that way you can reboot each server one by one to apply the changes. 

The easiest way is to put a host in maintenance mode, upgrade it by acknowledging the reboot in UCSM, then take it out of maintenance mode and move VM back to it. Rinse, repeat.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes this is possible. You want to use host firmware packages on the servers and adjust to the new versions accordingly. Make sure you maintenance policy is set to "user-ack" that way you can reboot each server one by one to apply the changes. 

The easiest way is to put a host in maintenance mode, upgrade it by acknowledging the reboot in UCSM, then take it out of maintenance mode and move VM back to it. Rinse, repeat.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card