cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Reboot Windows Server 2008 in UCS Server?

SubnetWarrior
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts!

So my company have ucs server with windows server 2008R2 in it and it is installed without VMWARE.

Just few hours ago, my boss told me to join domain the windows server and i have to restart it. But until now (12 hours since i restart the win server), it still down and RTO.

Do you have any idea how to up or make the windows server back to online? Maybe is there any way to reboot the windows server from cimc or from the physical button from ucs server?

4 Replies 4

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can reboot the server from CIMC. You can press the power button on the server for a graceful shutdown and then boot it once it turns amber. Otherwise, you can hold the power button down for a hard shutdown on the server.

Thx for the reply sir!

If i reboot the ucs server, does it automatically reboot the windows server in it?

Honestly i just want to reboot the windows server, not the server.

If you don't have a correctly defined boot order, you may be landing at the black/yellow UEFI shell screen.

I would attempt to use the vKVM and see what is on the console.  You may want to trigger a reset, reboot again, and hit F6, to see if you get a reference to the local raid controller (or the virtual drive, typically a raid 1 mirror) and see if it then boots to that when manually selecting that from F6 boot items list.

Kirk...

If you rebooted Windows from the OS and it has not come back up, you would want to reboot the server from CIMC. This would simulate a hard reboot, which should recover the OS. This will not power off the physical server, CIMC will still be accessible.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card