cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Back to Back T1 PRIs for voice calls

c.gierula
Level 1
Level 1

I am working through bringing up back to back T1 PRIs for voice calls. I have the basic configurations on configuring the T1s, but when I try to forward calls and / or data (depending on the configuration) it fails. I know how to configure regular T1s, but the MFT T1 - D1 is a little bit of a different animal.

5 Replies 5

susquehanna
Level 1
Level 1

PBX to PBX????

This is a voice lab I am setting up so I'm using a back to back cable to simulate my T1 connection. I have since got it running, (it was a cabling problem) but now I'm trying to send voice accross, unsuccessfully.

Hi,

Please send the configs from the router. the call flow. following debugs

1. debug isdn q931

Thanks

CJ

gcave
Level 1
Level 1

The only way you can do this is to use CAS or RBS (robbed bit signaling). You can't operate a PRI in a crossover configuration. I have some old MC3810s that I use for this purpose. Your best option if you have to use PRI is to get an Adtran Atlas (550 or 800) with a T1 card in it and define a dial plan in it to the other device.

adesalu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In actuallity, you can set up a voice PRI back to back between two routers. The original poster mentioned that he had MFT-T1 cards so I am assuming he has this module in a 26/36/28/3800 with appropriate DSP resources.

If you want to pass voice calls, you will need to have DSP's in your router whehter they reside in a Network Module, AIM module, or directly on the motherboard on the newer rotuers.

At any rate, with the appropriate hardware and cabling, what you will need to do is configure a pri group under your t1 controller i.e

controller T1 1/0

pri-group timeslots 1-24

you will then get a resulting serial interface in your configuration which lets you configure the parameters of the d-channel.

When you are in a back to back situation, you want one side to simulate the network, so on one of the routers add the following command under the serial interface

int serial 0/0:23

isdn protocol-emulate network

After that, it is simply a matter of setting up your dial-peers approriately to route calls to the pri.

There are configuration examples on cisco.com to help you with that.