cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

504G firmware download - phone not booting

paul.nesbit
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying provision a new SPA504G phone with a UC520. Existing phones work, but were likely configured in a staging facility prior to deployment. The new phone will not boot completely - the display on the phone cycles between the following messages:

Downloading

XMLDefault.cnf.xml

Downloading

XMLDefault504G.cnf.xml

Downloading

SEPC47D4F066073.cnf.xml

The firmware for the phone (spa5x5-7-4-4.bin) is installed on the system, however I suspect the system is not configured to deliver the firmware to the phone. What are the TFTP and other configuration steps required for delivering the firmware to the phone at boot time? I can't do this with the CCA, as the system was configured by command line and CCA changes tend to break the CCA-incompatible configuration.

Thanks,

Paul

1 Reply 1

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

The phone load that you currently are using on the UC520 should be upgraded to a newer version.  In the example below I am using 7-4-8a.

First you will need to of course make sure the phones firmware file is in the flash. 

Next add a tftp statement showing the location of the firmware such as:

tftp-server flash:/phones/50x-30x/spa50x-30x-7-4-8a.bin alias spa50x-30x-7-4-8a.bin

Next under telephony services change your load statement to complement the new alias:

load 504G spa50x-30x-7-4-8a

If you need further assistance with this please feel free to contact us at 1-866-606-1866.

Thank you,

Jason