cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't fix the time on 7975 ip phone.

Mohammed Emran
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to fix the time on 7975 ip phone but I could not do it. What I did is on the CCA adjust the time and it changed on two other ip phones(SPA525G and SPA504G) but did not change on the 7975 and 7942 ip phone. Also on the UC540: in the telephony-service change the time-zone 12. But still didn't change the time. I change the time-format 12 to 24 hours just to see if it is going to accept but it accepted the time-format (changed it to 24 hour format). I restart on (config-telephony)#restart/reset few times. I also reset it to the factory reset two to three times. Still could not get the right time. Any advice/opinion will be help full. THANKS.

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have the right time in first place ? "show clock". Recommend to use NTP server for best accuracy.

Yes, I do. When I apply "show clock" I got the right time. But 7975 and 7942 time one hour off. I tried to change the time on the UC540 few hours but the time on the 7942 and 7975 IP phone's time changed and still one hour off from UC540. I also have no problem with other two phones(SPA525G and SPA504G).

THANKS.

Hi Mohammed,

There are 2 clocks in the UC540W.  One for CME and one for CUE.  These should be synced by default but sometimes they show different times.  Run the same command for CUE and see if it too is displaying the correct time.  The CUE time may need to be adjusted.

Hi Jason,

How can I check time on the CUE? I check "UC_540#show clock" on console. I got the right time but not on the 7942 and 7975 IP phones. Thanks for help.

You will need to go to CUE module first , type in # service module integrated-service 0/0 session, then type in "show clock"

Update IOS and phone firmware, then check again.      

Hi Paolo,

IOS and phone firmware are up-to-date. Thanks for help.