Views
Helpful
Replies

Couple questions on ISDN & UC560

Pawel Lenart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm working on UC560 deployment and I have couple questions:

1. Can I connect IDSN2 to FXO port and connect it as OUTGOING phone line?

2. What kind of cable / adapter I need to use to connect it (I heard there is primary and secondary adapter)?

3. What kind of cable do I need to connect ISDN & BRi interface? is it standard RJ45 or crossover RJ45?

Thanks for all answers,

Pawel

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. No, under no circumstance, and there is no way to do that.

2 "to connect it" what exactly ?

3. ISDN PRI and BRI are different things, and use different cables that are not ethernet cable, neither straight neither crossed.

View solution in original post

Hi Pawel,

100% you will need a PRI WIC card

Good to see you exploring things and asking questions

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. No, under no circumstance, and there is no way to do that.

2 "to connect it" what exactly ?

3. ISDN PRI and BRI are different things, and use different cables that are not ethernet cable, neither straight neither crossed.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Pawel,

What are you trying to achieve friend?

It almost sounds like someone has lead you down the garden path by telling you furphies (lies).

Tell us what you are trying to achieve and we can help you better, otherwise Paolo has given you the correct answer as such.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Pawel Lenart
Level 1
Level 1

Paolo, thanks very much for your answers. If answer for qeustion 1 is no then question 2 is not relevant. I managed to connect BRI (ISDN2e) using Ethernet cable to BRI interface (on UC560) and I was able to make connection.

Hi David, I'm just exploring. I could find answers for these questions that's why I asked.

When when are on this topic. Can I connect ISDN30 (PRI) to BRI port on UC560 or I need to buy PRI WIC?

Hi Pawel,

100% you will need a PRI WIC card

Good to see you exploring things and asking questions

Cheers,

David.

Thanks David,

I prefer to ask becuase  I'm sure you guys are much more experienced then I am. I started my adventure with Cisco Voice about 3 weeks ago

I'm sure I will have more qeustions. Some of them might be dump for you guys so sorry about it in advance.

No problem. Most of the answers are already in the documentation, so try to read as much as possible.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Pawel Lenart wrote:

When when are on this topic. Can I connect ISDN30 (PRI) to BRI port on UC560 or I need to buy PRI WIC?

No, as explained above already, you cannot connect different interface types as if they were the same thing, because they are not.