cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help!!! UC300 in PBX mode getting calls to go to AA without ringing phones!

placroix
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Team,

I have a UC300 in PBX mode. In the Shared FXO configs I can tell an incomming call (upon busy or no answer) to go to the auto attendant. The issue is that the minimum time is 5 seconds (or 1 ring) on the telephone. Customer wants the call to go immediately to the AA.

In PBX mode, I would have done a connection PLAR to the AA number. How can we get this same behavior in pbx mode. Is there a way to make an incomming call go directly to the AA DN?

Any Help is appreciated!!

Paul

5 Replies 5

Hi Paul,

There are some contradictory terms in this but we'll see what we can do to provide some guidance.  An FXO can be routed directly to the AA on the Inbound Calls page, but this capability doesn't apply for "Shared FXO Line" (which implies key system functionality).  Even when you route directly to AA using the inbound calls, we wait for the first ring cycle to capture the caller ID.  Caller ID is delivered over the FXO between the first and second ring (in time). 

If you were using the Call Forward No Answer and configuring this as a shared FXO, then yes, this will take some time, but that is key system mode.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Hi Chris, Thanks for the quick reply.. When I said "In PBX mode I would have done a connection PLAR" I meant to say "IF I were in PBX mode" I am in fact in key system mode. So I am using (under Shared FXO lines ) on busy or no answer forward to (and then in the drop down box I select the AA) The issue is the lowest I can go is 5 seconds which makes the phones ring once and the customer hates that. Are you saying that there is another way with call forwarding? I realize the system will have to wait to collect CID info but we just don't want the phones to ring during this time. is it as simple as taking each phone and doing a call-forward all to the AA number?????

On Another note, I noticed that you were the guy who knows about the NTP issues. IN this same setup, we are using a Linksys vpn firewall router as the head end and it connects into the UC300 via the LAN port. In other words, the WAN port of the UC300 isn't even used. The Uc300 does have internet access but it cant get ntp info. Will the PMF file for NTP help that situation? I guess I am looking for the UC300 to go to his default route rather than out the WAN port.

I guess another option would be to make the UC300 connect to the internet and then port forward the VPN from the Linksys (UDP500) through the uc300... That would fix the time issues....

Hi Paul,

Any chance the customer would consider using PBX mode (  ex. 9 + address) for outbound calls?  If you did this you could  configure the system using the Inbound Calls page to route directly to  the AA.  The only advantage I can see by configuring the system the way  you propose, is saving the customer from dialing the steering digit to  select an outbound trunk. 

As for the NTP, the PMF  will only help if you have an NTP on the same subnet as the UC320W LAN.   The default route from the UC320W is always out through the WAN  interface. 

Chris

Hey Christopher,

Thanks so much for the replies.

I have desperately tried to get them to go PBX mode. The issue isnt the customer it's the headstrong integrator. He wants like his old key system. I swear if i hear

"I want a line one button, a line two button and a line 3 button" one more time I will scream. Some of these installers are sooo headstrong and will not change. "This is what my customers are used to. I want to keep it the same" is what they say. Even though PBX mode has several advantages. I will try one more time or he will have to live with the units ringing once.

He continues to insist that there should be a way to turn the ringers off on a per-line basis. Is that true? Can that be done here?

Anyway. Thanks again for all your help

Paul La Croix

Cisco

Hi Paul,

Yes, you can configure the ringtone for each line button (which can be set to "No Ringtone").  This will mean there will be silence when an incoming call comes in on the configured line.  The line will still continue to blink to indicate an incoming call.

Hope this helps.

Chris