Replies

SF-300-24P PoE switch with UC320W

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a client with a very simple set up shown below:

• 1 x US320W (Firmware 2.2.3(5))
  • 1 x SF300-24P 24-port PoE Managed Switch (Firmware 1.1.2.0)
  • 11 x SPA504G Phones (Latest firmware via the phone system)
  • 2 x SIP Trunks using VOIP

We have had an issue whereby on a Sunday the phones stop working. I have configured phone monitor buttons on most of the soft keys, so when the system has its issue the phones are powered on with the normal info showing on the LCD but the phone monitor lines all flash as it they can't see each other, and you can't make an outgoing call. The phone system however continues to work, but it directs all calls to voicemail as I beleive it can't detect any phones.

This issue has happend twice now and after rebooting each device individually we have found that a switch reboot fixes the issue. We were on fimrware version 1.1.1.8 and have now upgraded it to 1.1.2.0 in the hopes that it will fix the issue, however I would be interested to see if anyone has had similar issues, or knows if the upgrade will fix it. I can't see anything in the relase notes that says it fixes this particular issue but I can only hope.

I have done minimal configuration of the switch. Turned off spanning tree, and enabled the Voice LAN which was inbuilt.

One other thing that baffles me, I can see release notes for firmware 1.1.2.5 but no download, where is it I ask???

We have a couple of other sites that have not had issues like this but they use an SG-300-28P and a SRW224G4P.

Thank you for any input,

Tony

20 Replies 20

Hi, I have the same problems with an installation I do not know if it afects.

I have a SPA 9000 and a Switch SRW224G4P-K9-NA and the old phones (spa 942) have been reset every 30 minutes aprox. i want to change the SPA 9000 to an UC320 but I do not know I the Switch that I have will work with all the solution.

Thank a lot.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Alberto,

The SX300 switch is designed to plug and play to UC320. If you connect the SX300 switch in to UC320 while the switch is factory default, the VLAN 100 will automatically create and the phone links will automatically 1u, 100t and the phone will pull the VLAN 100 information automatically.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thank You for your answer.

Then there is no problem because the Switch is not manageable.

Hi Alberto, the switch is full managed including CLI access. I would definitely recommend to be on at the least 1.1.2.0 firmware or the newest release 1.2.7.76. The switch may also be managed while connecting to the UC320, although it is not needed in terms of interop and function for the voice network.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Ok I will try to review the firmware versión and the vlans and I will give You my coments.

Thank You

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HI Alberto,

Just a heads up that in switching to a UC320W, you will need to swap out your phones for SPA500 series phones.  The SPA900 series phones are not supported with the UC320W.  If you have a SPA8800, that will work with the UC320W.

Chris