cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will there be an 8-port version of the ESW 500 switches?

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

I know that Cisco is phasing out the Catalyst Express switches. Cisco has already released 24-port and 48-port versions of the ESW 500 switches. Will Cisco be releasing 8-port versions of the ESW 500 switches?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

John

As Marcos mentioned while we do not disclose roadmap plans on the forum - I can tell you that an 8 port POE version is very much in our near term plans - look for more information on this towards the end of 2009 on this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi John,

As stated a few times before, Cisco does not / cannot comment about roadmap plans. With that said, we are always revising our product portfolio. Do you think an 8 port switch is needed in the SMB sector?

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

The 8 port ESW-520-8P compact switch would be more than welcome! A great alternative to the WS-CE520-8PC-K9. Small businesses favour a small form factor, low noise and a small price ;-)

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

John

As Marcos mentioned while we do not disclose roadmap plans on the forum - I can tell you that an 8 port POE version is very much in our near term plans - look for more information on this towards the end of 2009 on this.