cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W and multi-tenant use

jeevan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that would like this product, but i'm not familiar with this line of product and its capabilities. I've deployed UC500s and know i can do it in that product, but not sure how customizable the UC320 is. we would like to find out if the below scenarios are possible.

The customer has two companies that it manages under it. for the sake of this explaination, let's call them Company ABC and Company XYZ.

the first part: the phone calls will come into reception. we would like it if line 1 (ABC) and line 2 (XYZ) were going to two different extensions that are setup on her buttons 2 and 3 (so that the calls are identifiable). is this possible with this system?

second part: if a user from ABC calls out, can we have them use '9' as their outside dialing prefix (whether to 1 or a group of more lines) and then have a user from XYZ call out using '8' as their prefix to call out a different group of lines. each company has their own set of lines to go out as with their proper caller id names. is this possible?

thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, use "small business - UC300". You can move the post with the panel on the right.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, use "small business - UC300". You can move the post with the panel on the right.

Oops! thanks Paolo! I hope I get the correct forum this time.

rsawyer6003
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like a reasonable request. The uc320w does allow you to route inbound calls from each fxo port to specific extensions. You can also map fxo ports and sip trunks for out bound dialing. Shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

P.S.

The receptionist would love the side car. Our receptionist loves single button transfers.

jeevan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Ryan! Good to know.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Jeevan,

The UC320 is not designed to work as a Multi-tenant system. You may be able to find some workarounds, but the customer has to be  very flexible if you would like to put it in an Multi-tenant system.

The only way this could possibly be done is to have the UC320 in key system mode and map a few lines to ABC and few other lines XYZ.  But note they cannot have individual AAs other individual services.