cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Directory Connector does not complete dry run

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

I have installed the Directory connector and I have put in a filter (memberOf=CN=Cisco_Webex,OU=IT,OU=SecurityGroups,DC=example,DC=local) on the Users Object Type. When I do a dry run it just hangs. I have let it go for several hours but it does not complete. I have tried other filters as well as no filters and get the same results. I have set the domain account on the directory synch service. But nothing seems to help it complete.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please rate if this helps.
9 Replies 9

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have the exact same issue.  Were you ever able to resolve this?  How???

Just a wild guess, have you checked that your DC has a operational connection to both your AD servers and Control Hub?

Response Signature

Does it work without a LDAP filter?

Response Signature

I mentioned that in the original post. No it does the day thing.

Sorry I missed that part.

Not sure what causes the DC to not be able to connect with your directory. A few pointers to take note of. Make sure that you have set a base DN for your search that is high enough up in your directory three and that you have selected AD controllers in your list that actually operate as they should. Apart from this I would start by running the Dry run with no filters to make sure that works before you move on with adding filters.

A question, is this a new setup or have it actually worked before?

Response Signature

Thanks Roger,

I have tried several times without a filter. How would I set the base search in the connector, I don't see that setting. Yes this is a new setup.

It's part of the configuration in the DC.

image.png

Response Signature

Yes, I have gone through that doc. It's windows server 2019 with 8GB Ram.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.