cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Org Admin recommended configurations

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you implemented all of the Webex recommended essential configurations in your org? 

The configs I'm asking about are:

Phase one:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Claim Domain
  • Site linking

Phase two:

• DirSync
  • SSO
  • Calendar features

If you did all of them: What benefits do you get from enabling these items? How did you measure success of enabling them?

If you didn't, why?

Response Signature

152 Replies 152

dancia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mollydubow,

Having just attended the IT Admin training course I can appreciate how important it is not to overlook the Webex recommended essential configurations. 

I have not yet been involved in an implementation phase but very much hope that I will have the opportunity in the future. 

moisgome
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All this configurations will give you the ability to have control over the users, domains and more security instances using SSO and claiming domains.

You can check the status of all this Configuration Best Practices on the main dashboard of control hub, over the Getting Started Guide card.

cptmellow
Level 1
Level 1

Yes we have enabled most. SSO gives us ease of use for our users.

DirSync makes it easier for us to maintain our user base

Kristian.S
Level 1
Level 1

Phase 1 & 2 is done, not by me, but is done.

And our users don't use it much yet

And I'm posting to complete the Ambassador program

Thanks for that. Very helpfull

cesco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mollydubow,

regarding phase one:

- Verifying domains are strictly connected to claim users. This permits to have users that haves that domain suffix to be automatically trusted in your organization. Claiming them permits to have new users automatically created in your org and avoid problems regarding free webex accounts that an user can wrongly subscribe creating issues in user adding process.

-site linking for webex site managed org , to have access to all tools given by control-hub. Anyway , a lot of limitations are present if you choose site admin as management tools, and considering that in future will be deprecated, i'll always suggest to use control-hub to manage org.

Regarding phase one:

-Dir Sync is very helpful to import user from an AD (installing Cisco ad connector on it), but you'll be linked with ad user management to delete and create users. From my point of view , is an advantage depending on how you manage users in you company. Many times, AD management and Webex management are not always done in the same way.

-Differently from Dir Sync, SSO is very helpful to delegate authentication to your IdP and this helps to have an unique point of autentication for users.

-Calendars: the best tool to be used! Allow to deploy OBTP that simplify and give professional look to meeting joining process, showing also rooms availability asking to webex assistant.

Thanks Molly this is helpful

llocash
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Phase one:

• Verify Domain - You are in control of the webex account for your domain.
  • Claim Users - You control the users under the account chosen for your domain.
  • Claim Domain - No one else can create an account using this domain name.
  • Site linking- If on an legacy webex site, you can link the old SA site with CH.

Ying Ying Pu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've not done all of them yet. But I can see if enabled all, new users would be auto synced to the org. And for meetings, user would be easily schedule meeting from their mailer. For users, no need to create a new password for Webex. Admins could manage user well via dirsync. 

Duing training

SaraSnyder21957
Level 1
Level 1

I have already verfied domains, claimed them and also claimed users. I will soon have the chance to do directory syncing! User claim was already a blessing in user administartion. So much time saved

Stefansen
Level 1
Level 1

I did the configurations, and it has been much easier on-boarding and managing users! Thanks.

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

We're at an early stage with our own organisation, for example domain verified but not yet claimed.  

Regarding SSO and calendar integration, does anyone use anything other than AD and Office 365?  I worry that promoting these integrations is going to lead to some organisations thinking that if they need MS in any case, why not just use Teams instead of Webex.

cmaiolani
Level 1
Level 1

Yes to have environment access integration.

mgrabek
Level 1
Level 1

As a Cisco Collaboration  I would highly recommend that you follow @mollydubow steps listed above, She listed all the steps in 2 phases.

ramnikasr
Level 1
Level 1

Have implemented all the config from Phase one to phase 2:

Phase one:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Claim Domain
  • Site linking

Phase two:

• DirSync
  • SSO
  • Calendar features

Good part of enabling directory connector is that you don't need to manually add users into your control hub. As soon as they are adding in Ad it will be synced and it can be multiple users at a time.

Claiming domain makes it easy so that when accidentally someone tries to create a free acocunt with your claimed domain they can't do it.

SSO enables the security and protection.

Calander integration gives you access to your calendar at one place where you can join and organise a meeting at one place.

Ursula.mamazza1
Level 1
Level 1

Everything on Phase one was done by a previous WxCH admin.    we only enable calendar features on Phase 2- this has been a great capability for our outlook users. 

fabian1
Level 1
Level 1

I have not made these configurations because I recently joined the company and I am in the process of training

Jesse Fearnow
Level 1
Level 1

We did all of these steps in our organization and it has streamlined user management and troubleshooting.

alejandro1987
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @mollydubow 

Of Course, in the institute where I work as administrator, we have Webex and Webex App solutions, the login mode is with Single Sign On and is very helpful with the users is more easy for them to log into aplication. The Calendar integration with Exhange helps with Meetings, the employees join their meetings quicly and easily.

Regards.

SwathyEdayath
Level 1
Level 1

Yes we did implement phase 1 & 2 except calendar features. The most challenging part was claiming users as many of the users had outside domain account and they were active too.