cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Org Admin recommended configurations

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you implemented all of the Webex recommended essential configurations in your org? 

The configs I'm asking about are:

Phase one:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Claim Domain
  • Site linking

Phase two:

• DirSync
  • SSO
  • Calendar features

If you did all of them: What benefits do you get from enabling these items? How did you measure success of enabling them?

If you didn't, why?

Response Signature

152 Replies 152

Hi

Do we need to install new dedicated expressway  server for on-prem exchange integration with webex  for calendar integration ? Is there a any other possbilities ?

Thanks

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We have done the following:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Site linking
  • SSO
  • Calendar features

SSO eases authentication and provides our security team with necessary controls. 

Site linking has been great for administrative purposes. 

O365 calendar integration is a mixed bag yet.  It's great to synchronize Webex App status when you have a Webex tied to a meeting, but until calendar meetings are also reflected for status, this is missing the boat.  We're also using Webex Edge with O365 integration for a handful of our room devices (we have TMS/XE as well) and I certainly appreciate the fact that that integration recognizes SIP URIs to ease joining of non-Webex, SIP standard meetings from room devices.  Once personal devices are capable of calendar integration (fingers crossed this is on the roadmap) this will be even more beneficial/

We have not done:

• Claim Domain - two reasons we have not claimed our domain are that we don't automatically want to create accounts for the mis-entered email addresses.  Currently there is no easy way to sort for "not verified" user accounts and there is no way to bulk delete them.  Additionally, as a Cisco partner, claiming our domain could be limiting when working within our customer's Orgs.
  • DirSync - the primary reason we have not done this is due to internal email address formatting challenges that do not align with the case requirements of Control Hub.

Response Signature

We have all of these set. There are a number of good things that this brings, I'll list a few below.

• Ease of authentication with SSO. No more hassle with user name and password.
  • Security enhancements linked to not having users use notoriously insecure way of authentication with user name and password.
  • Create users automagically by synchronization from a directory source.
    • This can if setup properly bring over profile pictures.
    • Identify room accounts to not create user for these so that they can be setup as a workspace with hybrid calendar.
  • Calendar integration is a game changer for simplicity of the join experience for users. No more typing in meeting numbers as you can simple press the OBTP on the touch panel to join the meeting or speak with the device to have it join the meeting touch-less.
  • Enable video devices for Edge for devices. This brings a whole loads of goodies. For examples see below.
    • Speech control of devices.
    • Cloud update of software.
    • Hybrid Calendar
    • Native Webex meeting experience
  • No users that has free Webex accounts with the corporate email account. All users are controlled in the same Control Hub.

There are very likely a whole load of things not mentioned, these where the once that came to mind from the top of my head.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger. I will be writing some documentation concerning the importance of correctly configuring a new account and you have provided some great insight. 

Eder-Romero
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mollydubow,

I dind't have the fortune to do the initial configuration, but as I know, it is a recommendation to do phase one, to pass or continue to the phase two.

Phase 1 as initial, you should verify domains and claim it,  doing that, makes a belong of webex service, to your organization or to your costumer. That is why you should first do all the topics of the phase one, to pass to the next one.

Regards. 

Eder RO

As a Cisco Collaboration TSA I would highly recommend that you follow @mollydubow steps listed above