cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Org Admin recommended configurations

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you implemented all of the Webex recommended essential configurations in your org? 

The configs I'm asking about are:

Phase one:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Claim Domain
  • Site linking

Phase two:

• DirSync
  • SSO
  • Calendar features

If you did all of them: What benefits do you get from enabling these items? How did you measure success of enabling them?

If you didn't, why?

Response Signature

152 Replies 152

EdmondsM12
Spotlight
Spotlight

We wee able to do phase 1 and 2.  We can't claim the domain because we are a sub to another domain.  If either of us claim we will take each others users.  We also can't do site linking because we will be moving to FedRamp in the near future.

Phase one:

• Verify Domain (was done successfully)
  • Claim Users (was done successfully)
  • Claim Domain (was done successfully)
  • Site linking (was done successfully)

Phase two:

• DirSync (was done successfully)
  • SSO (was done successfully)
  • Calendar features (we are currently working to get this future)

If you did all of them: What benefits do you get from enabling these items? How did you measure success of enabling them?

Organization benefits to manage and maintain also security prospective. 

If you didn't, why? those were necessary and still working for one more feature.

alfian.permana
Level 1
Level 1

phase 1&2.

- Benefits:

1/ Easy sync users from AD to Webex.

2/ One profile to login and authentication with SSO.

3/ OBTP feature is OK.

- Need improve:

1/ We are using SSO authentication with third-party identity provider (O365), and we have multitenant with multidomain. At the current we can only authenticate with one Microsoft tenant.

2/ We wish Webex can support multi-authentication with local built-in and SSO.

Thanks,

ANDREWLEWIS
Level 1
Level 1

Phase one:

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users
  • Claim Domain
  • Site linking

all complete!

Phase 2 to come (i believe) 

Otherwise all good so far!

Javier.daddino
Level 1
Level 1

We have gone through all the steps and even migrated to Webex Calling. For this the SSO is essential.

devnetjmt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have implemented all of them

Once the implementation was complete, administration became very simple.

Prabudh
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I did that claiming user and then user verifies himself and the details are shared via email are good with new webex, claiming domain helps us in avoiding any duplicate domains within Cisco, as ones domains are claimed no one else can go for similar domain. 

BiaMeslin
Level 1
Level 1

I did not have a chance to implement all steps as a whole for a customer but could od some of the missing steps and indeed the best way would be following the list as mentioned by   mollydubow.

StaceyPurdy
Level 1
Level 1

We have done everything but the SSO.  We don't use currently use SSO at all, but it might be an option in the future.

We have several domains and each employee has email addresses from each domain (not my idea) so it was crucial that we claim each domain so rogue employees who used different addresses all got put under our umbrella instead of out on their own.  And the Directory Sync is a lifesaver for onboarding and exiting employees.  It really cuts down on what I have to do.

mikegrady
Level 1
Level 1

as instructed I am Replying to this Webex Community post

Thank you so much

cjcrocker
Level 1
Level 1

I was not personally involved in completing the initial configurations but I know that Phase 1 and Phase 2 were completed.  

Zuriana Abdul Mubin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Molly, 

I have not done any configuration yet, looking forward to implement in my test org in near future. 

Jungrho Kim (Webex CSM)
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have done these steps on my test org.

• Verify Domain
  • Claim Users

We have done both phases in our org. Benefits that come to my mind now and haven't been already said are:

1. Sync users' profile pictures from AD. This solved a pain area for us as our users have been requesting a single place to upload their profile pictures. 

2. AD group syncs simplified licenses assignments in our org.

Thanks!  

joseph.moreland
Level 1
Level 1

I have not done any, because I am doing the training first.

Could you suggest appropriate training course to attend for this?

mbarekfadil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am also doing the training first.

Cdt

Hi,

Could you please suggest the training that can I can also attend?

I intend to deploy this for the company I work for sometime later in the year.

kromeus
Level 1
Level 1

I am vying to help manage my organization Webex infrastructure, meaning it is already existing and I can attest that both phases wee completed du to the fact that is operational. The roadmap makes sense and will help if there should be a total reconfiguration. The knowledge will help if I have to be consulting on a some future deployment.

tkhs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @mollydubow 

Thanks for that. Very helpful.

I will try to implement Phases one and two.

Webex Power User Ambassador
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.