Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Other meetings currently in progress - well, no

So a team member created a weekly meeting, and I am one of two co-hosts.   We've done this before with no issue.  But today was the first meeting of this new recurring meeting.

I go to start the meeting and I get the "you have other meetings currently in progress" warning so I cannot start the meeting.   Trouble is, I have NO other meetings currently going on.  Not even any scheduled!!   I was in an earlier meeting that ended hours ago, and I successfully exited.   Unfortunately, the warning box Webex gives you just has an OK button, not a 'show me this other meeting' button      The host also got the same message and could not start his own meeting.

I got around it by creating another meeting right then and there.  I, and my guests, were able to join this new meeting with no issue.

Any thoughts on how this might happen or what I can investigate?   I'd hate for this to happen next week.  Or is this a <shrug shoulders> moment and we should just delete the meeting and try to make a new one and see if that works better.

Thanks for any suggestions

1 Accepted Solution

Hi everyone,

I tried to re-create this problem with another meeting, but could not.

The weekly meeting cam around again, and this time everyone was able to rejoin with no issues.   So via 2 methods I could not reproduce the issue.

I can only assume some rogue process was running when the problem came up, and it wasn't present this week.  I only wish Webex gave a better answer when there was a conflict - maybe letting us know WHAT other meeting might have been running that prevented a new meeting from getting started.   Perhaps a feature request...

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

emawalkeaw
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue with the equal Wacom image pill few weeks in the past as you can se link. Suddenly i observed the hassle cease to exist. Might be some hardware difficulty from wacom.

Hi everyone,

I tried to re-create this problem with another meeting, but could not.

The weekly meeting cam around again, and this time everyone was able to rejoin with no issues.   So via 2 methods I could not reproduce the issue.

I can only assume some rogue process was running when the problem came up, and it wasn't present this week.  I only wish Webex gave a better answer when there was a conflict - maybe letting us know WHAT other meeting might have been running that prevented a new meeting from getting started.   Perhaps a feature request...

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Have a look on below post it’s may be helpful.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX73878/End-a-Meeting-that-is-Stuck-Running-on-the-Meeting-Server

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

hmmm.    Useful information, but not sure if it applies.    I was able to start another meeting, while the meeting in question still said 'unable to start'.   If there technically was an older meeting running, I should have not been able to start any meeting, correct?

In this case also, the previous meeting had an ending time about 2 hours prior - so at that point there should be nothing on the server at all.  So if I contacted support, I'm not sure which meeting info to send them (although they might be able to just check my ID against running meetings??)   As a feature, it would be nice if Webex could display the info on the meeting it thinks is still running - then I could submit that to tech support and say 'what's up'.

Since both you and host got the same response when starting the meeting, i don't  think its a browser or application issues. And you where able to create a new meeting and participants where ale to join.

Can you create another test recurring meeting and see the behavior with a singe host.

I Suspect its some issue with the recurring meeting scheduled.

Response Signature

I'll try another recurring meeting as a test.     The 'failed' meeting itself will happen next week, so there's another chance to see if the same failure happens, but yes, would like to be able to re-create and not wait a week before each session to debug 

Its better not to wait till next week, create a recurring meeting with single host and another with with co host and see the behavior.

Response Signature

Are you Joling meeting from WebEx app or directly joining meeting from browser ?

If joining from WebEx Application make sure it should be updated application and if your joining meeting directly from browser so I would suggest to clear cookies and history of your browser and try to join meeting from  Crome browser.

If you are the Host of meeting make sure meeting should be ended by you not just exit from the meeting it should be ended. I hope this will solve your problem.

Pls rate all Useful Post !!

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.