cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable PSTN Calling (Local Gateway) in location without any gateway

HeribertoVV
Level 1
Level 1

I have aroud 50 locations with IP phones/Users assigned to them in Webex calling. Only 2 of the 50 locations, have a physical local gateway registered-based. If I assign a user to a location with local gateway, he's able to call PSTN, but if I assign that same user to a location without localgateway, he isn't able to call. 

I have 2 trunks in Webex calling, one per each gateway and both of them are inside a Route Group. Each trunk has its own numbers (PSTN numbers).

I've defined in each location a PSTN connection in the calling tab (selecting a Route group which contains both trunks), but after that, it asks for a Main number, which I don't have on each location.

Which is the best way to define users per location and having PSTN calling in all the locations? Just like CUCM where you a RG and you can assign it fo different device pools and all the users in each DP can make calls without any problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @HeribertoVV,

In Webex Calling, for each location PSTN Connection and Main Number is mandatory. Without these two settings, users wont be able to make inbound or outbound calls. 

Now regarding Main Number, you or your customer can assign any DID which will act as main number for extension-only users. This is important for extension-only users when they make 911 calls.

I had similar situation with a customer, who had multiple locations in same city but with different addresses. In CUCM we had device pool for each location which worked fine but in Webex Calling we ended up creating single location. This location we assigned non used DID as main number as well as Emergency Callback number and in RedSky, we programmed multiple locations and addresses based on locations Voice IP Subnet.

I hope this helps you. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @HeribertoVV,

In Webex Calling, for each location PSTN Connection and Main Number is mandatory. Without these two settings, users wont be able to make inbound or outbound calls. 

Now regarding Main Number, you or your customer can assign any DID which will act as main number for extension-only users. This is important for extension-only users when they make 911 calls.

I had similar situation with a customer, who had multiple locations in same city but with different addresses. In CUCM we had device pool for each location which worked fine but in Webex Calling we ended up creating single location. This location we assigned non used DID as main number as well as Emergency Callback number and in RedSky, we programmed multiple locations and addresses based on locations Voice IP Subnet.

I hope this helps you. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hello Vaijanath,

I did exactly that. I assigned a non used DID to each location and selected the route group created. I think maybe in the future could be possible to have something similiar to local route group in CUCM. 

Hi,

After you assigned a non DID as main line in each location, your locations was able to call inbound/outbound to PSTN?

There is no such thing as non DIDs in WxC. There are DIDs, essentially E.164 numbers, and extensions, known as ESN. As @Vaijanath Sonvane pointed out you have to set a main number for each of your locations for any users in it to be able to make calls. This main number is always in E.164 form and is required to be one of the numbers that is assigned to your premises based PSTN, aka a number that you have defined to be part of your LGW setup.

Response Signature