Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Calling - new environment, how to setup VM and Fax to Email

bigperm123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am currently looking at the feasibility of moving from our on-prem cucm environment to Webex Calling. I have a POC setup in our Webex Portal and have provisioned 10 test pstn phone numbers to setup and start testing features etc.

Steps so far:

I have migrated a 8811 Handset into Webex Calling, provisioned 10 pstn phone numbers, assigned the Phone Device to my user account. This phone is working fine and call call in/out as expected. 

I would now like to enable Voicemail and a feature we are really interested in is Fax to Email....

I have followed some steps in terms of going into Calling > Features > Voicemail Group and have setup an extension for this Group and enabled Fax Messaging which also required an Ext..... I am just unsure what I need to do next in terms of activating these and using them? Do I need to assign to a user and or device ? I cant call the VM or the Fax messaging numbers yet......

My pstn / ext numbers are setup as below:

4541 - My Primary number

4545 - VM Group

4546 - Fax messaging

Just unsure how I now activate the VM / Fax messaging to become enabled and working? (still very new to Webex Calling so it may be something very simple that I have missed).

1 Accepted Solution

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Hello make sure you go to Voice Portal under the Location, if there is not a number listed in there your voice mail will not work for that location. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As @kgroves42 mentioned, configure voice portal under Locations to activate voicemail functionality and make sure your voicemail is working . Then you can play around fax to mail feature. Make sure to enable email a copy of message and specify recipient email.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Hello make sure you go to Voice Portal under the Location, if there is not a number listed in there your voice mail will not work for that location. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.