cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Has anyone had luck with an HDMI Extender to extend the Quad Cam?

sean.eckton
Level 7
Level 7

I've tried this with a couple of RK EQ codecs with a Quad Cam but the audio is sent to the TV instead of audio output through the QC.  I have tried HDMI extenders because of the distance and only the TV would output audio.  I then found out that ARC was required to be able to send the audio to the QC from the codec.  I purchased a set of HDMI extenders that other people have been able to get ARC working on (not with Cisco hardware) and still the same story.  Has anyone been able to extend the HDMI from the codec to the QC and gotten audio to go through the QC?  I know Sound Control makes a camera extender kit but it is incredibly expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Sean

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is equipment intended for this purpose. The SCT RC8-CQC is a popular option (not an endorsement).

Yes, as I mentioned, I know Sound Countrol makes an extender but the problem is it is a good portion of the cost of the Codec and camera.  I did receive a quote for one and it was around $3,000.  I'm hoping there's a less expensive solution out there and that someone has found an HDMI extender that works well for this.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Whatever extenders you have purchased - are you sure they are bi-directional? In this case you need them to be - you have video going from the quad cam to the codec, but audio going from the codec to the quad. You didn't mention what you've purchased but my guess is this is your problem. 

My understanding is that ARC is what is needed.   That provides the "audio return channel" from the receiver to the transmitter (from the codec to the QC).  I did get it to work 2 days ago but after I restarted the Codec, it stopped working.  

The ones I purchased are these:  https://www.amazon.com/AV-Access-Extender-HDBaseT-Bidirectional/dp/B07HH1212W?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I have the switch on "ARC" and not "S/PDIF."