cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Third Party Headset

Webex User
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have been using my own headset to call my colleagues. However, frequently the headset does not automatically connect as the main speaker and microphone settings whereas it did previously. I have been told that I must change my settings using the dropdown option next to Mute, to change settings. I dont want to remember to do this every time I have a meeting, how can I fix it to work automatically.

2 Replies 2

Webex User
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Matt, i find i am consistently having to reset my setting, couldn't activate as default as the tick box was locked. The headset is the only external accessory besides speakerphone. Webex just doesnt want to automatically link the headset when its plugged in.

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3
You can set your headset as the default mic and speakers in your operating system or in the Webex App itself under audio settings. However, if the headset is in use by another program, the system will pick a different available source to use. This often happens when people are switching back and forth between multiple meeting platforms and the other meeting program hasn't released use of the headset yet. Also, if you disconnect the headset this results in the operating system choosing a new default mic and speaker option.