Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring multiple WAP321

ivan aguilar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Does anybody know how to configure multiple WAP321 Wifi at once? Because I need to configure around 100 APs and i want to know if there is any software from Cisco to do it, like a WLC or something else.

Thanks!!

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "Small Business - wireless". You can move your post using the Actions panel on the right.

changed, thanks!

Anyway do you know how to confgure WAP321 from a centralized software?

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi ivan aguilar  my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community.

I've never heard of any management software as you need, though it would be very useful one, for now a way to make your settings is via a TFTP server, if you have some identical devices, you can copy it configuration, you can do this following these steps.

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=4&app=search&vw=1&articleid=1988

Once you have configure your devices, you can access  them through the GUI.

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Please rate post you consider useful.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda

Cisco network support engineer

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thanks Jonathan for your replay.

Your answer only was useful for backup issues but not for my problem.

Finally I needed to configure all APs one by one, and the issue was how to configure all at once, but as i have been is not possible.

Regards!

Ivan,

With the release of  version1.0.2.3 software you can create a cluster of up to 8 WAP321's.  The feature is called Single Point.  You create a cluster name and then configure a WAP with an IP and the cluster name, then it will join the cluster and get the configuration of the cluster.  It also does channel planning within the cluster.  Here is a paper on the feature

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps12237/ps12249/brochure_c02-717568.pdf

That doesn't get your 100 into one management entity, but you could create 13 clusters of 8 each which is better than managing them individually.

Hi!

That solution i have already seen but not tested yet, i will try to configure it in the next installation.

Now i need to download that nwe release.

Thanks Jhon!