Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 4410 N setup

ian
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new 4410N access point.

In trying to set it up out of the box for the first time, I have logged on to the default IP address and can see the first page asking for username and password.

Using the default admin and admin I get an invalid user or password error.

I have reset the unit a number of times with no change

Any ideas please to access the unit

18 Replies 18

Hello

Thank you for reaching out to me. I would try a different browser. With our older systems, sometimes Internet Explorer is the best to use. The reason for this, is that the code for the Access Point was originally written using "Active X" and some of the browsers noa a days does not support that. We have had similar issues with some of our other products because of that.

Hope that helps

Eric Moyers

pikeman05
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

need help for setting up cisco wap4410n

my current network settings is 1 linksys x3000 wireless router modem and a 24 port dlink switch. planning to use my wireless router and the access point at the same time, to boost signal on other users and prevent drop connections. i would like to know where i will attach the cable from wap4410n to switch or router port? and also what settings i should put on my wap4410n.

thanks and best regards.

also cannot access the web configuration

tried  resetting the device and tried 192.168.1.245 but no luck at all

is it possbile create and access point with the same time using the wireless router modem?

Philip,

I quote myself from earlier in this thread:

"The easiest way to ensure you are reaching the WAP4410N is to plug it directly into a PC that has a static IP address such as 192.168.1.200, Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0, no gateway or DNS. Hold the reset button on the WAP4410N for 15 seconds and you should be able to reach it at 192.168.1.245. After you get in give it a static IP address in the 10.1.x.x subnet and plug it back into the network. Remember to change the PC back to DHCP."

You can plug the AP into either the switch or router

Use the same wireless settings on the AP that you use on the router EXCEPT the wireless channel. If you use the same channel you will have crosstalk/interference. If you use channel 6 on the router, use 1 or 11 on the AP.

- Marty