cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N VLAN tagging

rich-bartels
Level 1
Level 1

I have three Cisco WAP4410N access points.  I'm trying to use VLANS, one untagged and the other three tagged. I don't see how to configure each SSID for VLAN tagging using the web interface.  Is it possible to have both tagged and untagged VLANS and if so, how do I configure it?  Is there a CLI to modify the configuration instead of the web interface?

Thanks.

Tech_Guy69

5 Replies 5

dasasse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Rich,

You should have a similar configuration like on the attached picture (each SSID can have only 1 VLAN assigned):

Go to "Wireless" -> "VLAN and QoS" and then:

You enable the VLANs, choose the default VLAN ID, check "Tagged" under VLAN Tag and then define which VLAN ID belongs to which SSID which you have created under "Basic Settings"

I hope this is helpful, Rich.

Regards,

Daniel

rich-bartels
Level 1
Level 1

Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.  My problem is that I need both tagged and untagged VLANS.  On my network, my default VLAN (1) is untagged and all my other VLANS (2-8) are tagged.  Is it possible to have the default VLAN set to untagged and the other VLANS tagged?

Rich

Hello Rich,

Yes, if the "VLAN Tag" option is set to "Untagged" it will set the default VLAN as untagged. All other VLANs will be tagged across the trunk line. You can only have one untagged VLAN per trunk line.

Regards,

Van

Van,

Thanks!  So by setting the default VLAN as untagged but creating three other VLANS, the other three, by default will be tagged because of the one VLAN untagged rule, right?

If so, I'm good to go on my VLAN tests.

Rich

Rich,

Yes, that is correct. The default VLAN will be marked as untagged across the trunk and any other VLANs used will come across the trunk as tagged.

Regards,

-Van