Views
Helpful
Replies

1141n AP radio interface resets after 2hrs

grabonlee
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I have a couple of 114n APs in my network and the CAPWAP uptime and AP uptime are almost the same. But there is one which always resets after some time. I have moved across to another switch port but the issue persists. I have other 1141 and 1131's on this switch and no problems. The keep alives between the AP and Controller is regular. I can't get more info from the traps as the reason code is always;

" AP associated to Controller is UP. Reason: Radio interface reset due to Init"

"AP associated to Controller is down. Reason: Radio interface reset"

"AP associated to Controller is UP. Reason: Radio interface reset"

Only 2ice was the reason code "Operator changed 11g mode". I have seen some posts about similar problems but there hasn't been any concrete solution provided.

Please note that RLDP is disabled, Primary discovery timer is 120sec, and the version is 7.098

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok!! please upgrade  the WLC code to 7.0.116.0 and see if  the issue gets resolved!! we have bug on 7.0.98 using 1140 series APs..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Wats the WLC software code?? is this happening only on 1140 series APs or on 1131 as well??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi

The WLC software is 7.0.98.0. The 1131 was faulty, hence I replaced with the 1141.

ok!! please upgrade  the WLC code to 7.0.116.0 and see if  the issue gets resolved!! we have bug on 7.0.98 using 1140 series APs..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I noticed on the Cisco download site, that there is also a boot software with same version code 7.0.116.0. Should I also use the boot software in conjuction with the software code?

Yes please!! upgrade both the main release and the boot loader version as well!!

Feel free to revert back, i will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi

I am having difficulty upgrading the WCS. We have a WLSE appliance that was upgrading to a WCS. I have downloaded the latest software code unto my PC. But I do not know how to upgrade the WCS, since the WLSE is a stand alone appliance running on Linux and the WCS is just a GUI interface hosted from the WLSE appliance. Please how do I go about this upgrade. Thanks.

PS. Upgrading the controllers is not difficult as I 'm using TFTP.

is the WLC upgrade done??did that fix the issue??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I have not upgraded the particular WLC because I have been unable to schedule a suitable downtime due to othe project work. However, I have planned it for tomorrow morning. Though I am skeptical about doing it as my WCS will not add the WLC object unless I upgrade to 7.0.172

Upgraded the WLC from 7.0.98 to 7.0.116. The AP has been up for over 4hrs, which is an improvement from the resets after 1 - 2 hrs. Hopefully this has resolved the problem. Thx

thats nice to hear!! please dont forget to rate the post that answered ur question!! mark it as answered so that it will help others who are facing the same issue!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

The AP has not reset itself. However it is strange that a single 1141N will have this problem, when I have over 10 1141's working fine. Anyway thanks for your help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card