cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1830 Mobility Express 5Ghz Problem

saba53
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have Cisco Mobility Express 1830 AIR-AP1832I-E-K9, with additional 9 same model APs and one little different AIR-AP1832I-I-K9.

We are having issue about 5Ghz network, on AIR-AP1832I-E-K9 model access points, clients only connect to 2.4Ghz network, but on AIR-AP1832I-I-K9 we can connect to 5Ghz as well. They are using same WLAN with config to use 2.4Ghz as well as 5Ghz.

software version is 8.8.111.0

If anyone has suggestion about solution, please respond. Thanks

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i would verify the settings and also other suggestion as below thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/not-work-5ghz-on-ap2802i-mobility-express/m-p/4755013

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Rich R
VIP
VIP

-E (Europe) and -I (Algeria/Bahrain/Belarus/Egypt/Israel/Kuwait/Morocco/Tunisia/Uzbekistan) APs are different regulatory domains.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

What country are you trying to use these APs in?

What country do you have ME configured for?

You should be aware that in most countries it is illegal to use APs from the incorrect regulatory domain.

Mobility Express is configured to country IL - Israel.

It is legal to use different country codes in my area.

My question is, if i change from Israel to Germany for example, will APs E versions work on 5GHz? (or can you tell me which country code has less restriction)

Thanks

You should only use access points that are manufactured for that country. Not doing this can get you in legal troubles. You can’t change the ap country code, you can only update the controller configuration to tell it, what ap’s will I be supporting. That is opposite of what you are trying to do.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The moral of the story is that you must buy the correct model of AP for your country!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card