cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1850 Mobility Express

khan300
Level 1
Level 1

I want to propose the new Cisco 1850 mobility express solution. As per my understadning the 1850 has a built in virtual controller for upto 25 AP's and info is transmitted over wifi to the next AP.

My question is what if the AP is not in the wifi range of the 1850 master AP ? will the AP still get info from the 1850 ? or in this scanario ill have to go for a tradiional conroller like the 2500 series ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, what's maybe making you think otherwise is the fact that the primary AP, while acting as a controller, still acts as an AP and clients can connect to it in that way.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

Communication between the primary access point (the ME controller) and the subordinate APs is over the wired network not wireless.

Here's the setup guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/1/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide.pdf

I see. So there is no direct wirless communication between the Primary AP and the rest ?

No, what's maybe making you think otherwise is the fact that the primary AP, while acting as a controller, still acts as an AP and clients can connect to it in that way.

yeah its a 2 i n1 device ( AP + Controller ) All other devices just go through the wired network and search for this Primary AP which has the controller and Join.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: