cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

340 Bridge Power supply quasi-failure

sjuras
Level 1
Level 1

Had a recent (this morning actually) event that was odd. One of our Cisco 340 bridges went "dead" sometime over the weekend. Upon looking at the bridge one LED was red (BAD) and another was amber (CAUTION). I rebooted (power cycled) the bridge and right away the LEDs would come on to the mysterious state. I hooked in my laptop to the console cable to take a look for any error messages and there was nothing! Power cycle again...nothing. I figured at this point I had a dead bridge; got a working spare, hooked it up - SAME THING!!! The only common piece was the AC/DC power supply - I swapped that out on a hunch and the original bridge came back to life just fine.

Lessson here...don't always assume the hardware piece itself is at fault - it can be somethign as simple as a power supply. Funny how the power supply worked good enough to illuminate the LEDs...go figure.

1 Reply 1

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There may be a voltage problem with that power source..It may not be pumping at ~120VAC..but just enough DE power converted to lite led's.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card