Views
Helpful
Replies

9100 EWC deployment

ahmad.syed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We need your support to deploy 9100 EWC in network. We have 9120 AXI WLC. Can EWC be deployed with LAG ? If yes, what would be steps from both end. Also suggest , if we are deploying EWC with redundancy. 

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that I am aware or I have tested LAG, but I am sure it supports trunk or access port.

@Rich R - apologies for that statement. you are right. after reading the notes I agree.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

jonathga94
Level 1
Level 1

The LAG support feature is applicable for access points that support multiple ethernet ports. However, the AP 9120AX only has one ethernet port, which makes it not LAG capable.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

As far as I know it does not support LAG.  Also @balaji.bandi this says it cannot be trunked:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/215303-embedded-wireless-controller-conversion.html

EWC on Catalyst AP Limitations

• EWC is not capable of having its Gig 0 interface configured as trunk
  • EWC does not support SVIs
  • EWC is not capable of performing central switching
  • Gig 0 is the only interface that can be used as a Wireless Management
  • All of the EWC traffic has to be sourced from Gig 0 interface (including radius, capwap control, licensing traffic, and so on..)
  • EWC is not capable of performing embedded packet captures
  • EWC does not support APs in sniffer mode
  • EWC image does not boot up if there is another EWC, AireOS or 9800 WLC in the same broadcast domain. The AP will continue to function as a normal lightweight capwap AP until the other WLCs are removed from the network.
  • When converting or upgrading EWC in a deployment with mixed AP models, it is required to have a functioning TFTP server
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card