Views
Helpful
Replies

9115 AX Release 17.8.1

mfilipovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Wireless network with 8 9115AX APs running with embedded wireless controller. The software is 17.8.1.

I have some random reboots on every APs from time to time. I see that this firmware has some open caveats regarind unexpected reboots. Anyone else hade this problem with this release?  

I dont get any information from the logs regarding the reboot, only thing i get is latest reboot "no reason"

Is it safe to downgrade?

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Martin,

Any particular reason to go with 17.8.x. When it comes to IOS-XE releases, it is always advisable to go with an extended-release version (17.3.x, 17.6.x, or 17.9.x) for stability.

Even if it is a bug since 17.8.x is a standard release (only there for 12-month support) we cannot expect those to get fixed

IOS-XE-releases.png

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Martin,

Any particular reason to go with 17.8.x. When it comes to IOS-XE releases, it is always advisable to go with an extended-release version (17.3.x, 17.6.x, or 17.9.x) for stability.

Even if it is a bug since 17.8.x is a standard release (only there for 12-month support) we cannot expect those to get fixed

IOS-XE-releases.png

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Aha ok,

17.9 does that even exist? Either way i will change the software. ITs a very simple setup so i assume that downgrade should be possible?

Martin

@mfilipovski wrote:

17.9 does that even exist?

Yes, it is but it is (internal) beta. 
17.9.1 is expected to be out by December August 2022.  

jonathga94
Level 1
Level 1

In regards to unexpected reboots you should open a TAC case so they case review the crash file and give you the root cause, however, you are in a release with no MRs planned, so you should downgrade to any of the recommended releases in the link below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/214749-tac-recommended-ios-xe-builds-for-wirele.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card