Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9115AXI does not join to EWC

Hello,

I have a setup that consists of 4 9105AXI aps and one 9115AXI ap.

I have upgraded all APs to version 17.6.4, and was able to join all 9105 APs to the EWC on the 9115, except for the 9115 itself, that did not show between the APs.

any idea?

Thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich R
VIP
VIP

So there are a few possibilities here.  To be sure you need to connect to the AP (on the EWC) and see what it shows in the log: 
wireless ewc-ap ap shell username admin
Note the username (admin in example above) will be the one you set for the AP in the initial setup and likewise for the password.
Not sure if "show log" will show you anything useful - might need to do "term mon".

Anyway I'm going to guess as to possible cause: how are your APs getting their IP addresses?  Are you using static IPs?  If so did you configure an IP on the EWC AP (it needs its own IP separate from the EWC WLC)?  This is why the recommended way is to use DHCP.  As soon as the AP has an IP address it should join the EWC WLC immediately.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...except for the 9115 itself, 
  - Check the EWC logs just after boot  or capture the boot process , examine it , perhaps you can obtain additional info's, 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

My proble was solved, and after restarting the AP, i cant access the EWC cli, when i connect the console cable to the AP, i cannot reach the Configure Terminal.

I tried to press the mode button for reset, and tried to convert it to capwap then back to EWC with no luck.

Now i need to change the EWC ip address, and i cant reach the CLI of the EWC

any idea

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i would check the config :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-catalyst-access-points/white-paper-c11-743398.html

I would also connect the console cable and what is failing.

Some new AP need newer code for the AP to work.

I have upgraded all APs to version 17.6.4  <-- is this broken after upgrade ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Rich R
VIP
VIP

So there are a few possibilities here.  To be sure you need to connect to the AP (on the EWC) and see what it shows in the log: 
wireless ewc-ap ap shell username admin
Note the username (admin in example above) will be the one you set for the AP in the initial setup and likewise for the password.
Not sure if "show log" will show you anything useful - might need to do "term mon".

Anyway I'm going to guess as to possible cause: how are your APs getting their IP addresses?  Are you using static IPs?  If so did you configure an IP on the EWC AP (it needs its own IP separate from the EWC WLC)?  This is why the recommended way is to use DHCP.  As soon as the AP has an IP address it should join the EWC WLC immediately.

My proble was solved, and after restarting the AP, i cant access the EWC cli, when i connect the console cable to the AP, i cannot reach the Configure Terminal.

I tried to press the mode button for reset, and tried to convert it to capwap then back to EWC with no luck.

Now i need to change the EWC ip address, and i cant reach the CLI of the EWC

>...when i connect the console cable to the AP, i cannot reach the Configure Terminal.
          - Post screenshot as to where you get  stuck (or console log)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

And if all else fails use the recovery process documented here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9120axi-access-point/217537-repairing-c9120-c9115-access-points-from.html 
to re-flash the AP back to factory CAPWAP default then upgrade and configure as required.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card