cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800-L Trapped in GUI Wizard Loop

kdavison007
Level 1
Level 1

Our 9800-L-F WLCs arrived and I went through the basic CLI wizard to get an IP on one of the interfaces.  I chose Te0/1/0 and after getting a default gateway could ping the WLC.  I then went to the webserver and was greeted by a redirect to a /dayzerowireless url asking me for the same questions.  I reentered the management IP (which is funny considering I'm already reaching the page on that interface), and clicked next through the next two pages.  After clicking save I am returned by "success!".  However, when I go back to the webserver IP I'm once again greeted by the webredirect to the dayzerowireless webpage.  I cannot get to the main WLC screen.  I've tried rebooting with no luck.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

In the CLI, try to disable the radio interfaces and assign your country code and then try to access the GUI again, just remember to enable your radios again:

WLC(config)# ap dot11 5ghz shutdown
Disabling the 802.11a network may stand mesh APs
Are you sure you want to continue? (y/n)[y]:

WLC(config)# ap dot11 24ghz shutdown
Disabling the 802.11b network may stand mesh APs

WLC(config)# ap country <Country_Code>

<<< Please help the community by marking useful posts helpful, or accept as a solution if it resolved your issue >>>

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

In the CLI, try to disable the radio interfaces and assign your country code and then try to access the GUI again, just remember to enable your radios again:

WLC(config)# ap dot11 5ghz shutdown
Disabling the 802.11a network may stand mesh APs

WLC(config)# ap dot11 24ghz shutdown
Disabling the 802.11b network may stand mesh APs

WLC(config)# ap country <Country_Code>

<<< Please help the community by marking useful posts helpful, or accept as a solution if it resolved your issue >>>

That worked. Thanks!

Hi! Thanks Jurgens for this information. I had the same hiccup with some extra twists. But it got sorted with this good instruction of yours. Funnily WLC don't got any radios to shut off, yet doing it helps the cause. My concerned WLC was running 17.3.3 version code OOB.

Hi All,

we run in the same issue.. and we struggled a lot with it. This solution worked for us as well.

Please How we can enable again the ap dot11 24ghz and ap dot11 5ghz radio interfaces?

If we enable them again the problem will appear again?

Thank you for the support. Really appreciated

Hello, we can do it without shut down radios - ap

I have 9800 WLC L C K9 and it has IOS image C9800-L-universalk9_wlc.17.03.03.SPA.bin

In CLI, I used the command below and it fixed Wizard loop issue.

WLC(config)# wireless country <Country_Code>

Hope this will be helpful !!

Thank you.

Rupesh Patil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we can do it without shut down radios ap

I have 9800 WLC L C K9 and it has IOS image C9800-L-universalk9_wlc.17.03.03.SPA.bin

In CLI, I used the command below and it fixed Wizard loop issue.

WLC(config)# wireless country <Country_Code>

Hope this will be helpful !!

Thank you.

ersin.arslan
Level 1
Level 1

9800 WLC Loop9800 WLC Loop

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card