cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding new ap into existing EWC

Paulyp5
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out how to add an ap into a an existing EWC network currently have one ap c9130ax and I am trying to add another c9130ax both same country code, the new Ap has been reset and I believe it is in Capwap mode, currently I am unbale to see the new ap under the list of available ap I can only see it in the neighboring AP .Do I need to connect the TFTP server and if id o how to get the ap to connect to it your help is highly appreciated .

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Basically standard capwap controller discovery methods can be used to find the EWC controller , such as DHCP option 43 (usually used). Indeed the EWC controller needs to get provisioned with an external tftp server to provide AP images. If problems persist after doing all of  this then boot the complete AP  boot process , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I think @marce1000 meant post the complete boot process <smile>
Connect a console to the AP then connect power.  Capture everything on the console and save to a text file then attach here so we can see what it happening.
Is the AP connected to the same vlan/subnet as the EWC?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card