cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-LAP1242-ABULK EoL notification

Anup Hegde
Level 1
Level 1

i have a few APs in my network , when i look them up on the Cisco/sncheck link the model shows up as :AIR-LAP1242-ABULK

and it doesnt state to be End of Life...although the entire 1240 series is expected to be End-Of-Life....does anyone know if there is any specific reason for the same or is it just a miss?

The said APs are also unable to re-connect to the 5508 once they lose connection for whatever reason.

1. WLC SHA1 certificate has expired

2. ignore mic certificate enables are done

3. tried changing the date to something valid

AP models impacted by this behaviour :2702/1242

WLC IOS: 8.0.133.0

the only way they connect is if we reload the WLC and the same symptoms resume again after a few days.

is there any explanation ,workaround or solution to this...we are in the process of replacing both the WLCs and the APs

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI  : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/639/fn63942.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

You are running such old software that's it's no real surprise you're having problems!
Yes 1242 are end of support - yours were probably bought as part of a multi-pack I suspect and the EOL data hasn't been logged against that particular SKU but don't get confused by that - they are definitely still end of support.
Read all the FN links below - all of which could apply to you.
There is no code version with all fixes which will support your APs.  The best you can do is update to 8.0.152.0, turn off NTP and change your date back to a time which will work for you WLC and AP certificates.  You will also need "config ap cert-expiry-ignore {mic|ssc} enable" configured of course.
Your only long term solution is to upgrade to modern, supported hardware and software.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card