cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowing Static IP Addresses for Clients

Sean Coogle
Level 1
Level 1

When I setup my two 8510 WLC's, I think I may have not allowed static IP's for clients. How can I see on the CLI or GUI if that setting is enabled or disabled? I can't find this anywhere.

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under you WLAN configuration, in the advanced tab...

Look and see if DHCP Required is checked.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

• Thanks Steve. I looked at that piece of it and yes, it was fine. On the basic setup when the controller first comes up, there was an option for "Allow Static IPs" and I am pretty sure I said yes, but for some reason, I can't use any static addresses on WLAN's that I am able to use on other controllers. There is no command on the CLI that shows if that is enabled or disabled? It may not have anything to do with this as it may be a global configuration for allowing the controller to use a static. Not sure.

DHCP is a per WLAN configuration.

When you go through the wizard setup you are configuring the first WLAN, which I usually deleted and reconfigure after the WLC is fully up after the wizard.

When you go and look at a client with a static IP on the WLC, what is the Policy State that it is in?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I have issue also, I stay in DHCP_REQ for policy state

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card