Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1552 is in not joined state

Harshad Patil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to connect AP 1552 to WLC 5508.

AP joined status is showing Not Joined.

ap join stats summary xxxx

Is the AP currently connected to controller................ No

Time at which the AP joined this controller last time...... Not applicable

Type of error that occurred last........................... Unsuccessful Lwapp join response sent

Reason for error that occurred last........................ Rekey request not received from AP

Time at which the last join error occurred................. Apr 30 12:53:28.122

5 Replies 5

Hi Harshad,

What is the code running on the WLC?

Can you check the NTP and country code is proper on the WLC.

Also please post the debug lwapp events enable output from AP and Error messages your getting on the console.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

There are many other APs on wlc already connected. It can support 10 more APs. It will take me time to fetch logs from WLC.
What can be other possibilities of AP in not joined state

- The model needs the supplementary AP software bundle being installed on the WLC , did you do it ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Licensing or country code also would be a cause . But still we can’t confirm before view the logs. Atleast take console of one AP and share the error logs on the console please.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Is the AP still in Mesh mode?
If yes, enter the following on the AP console:
capwap ap mode local

Source: https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/converting-mesh-ap-to-local-mode-and-vice-versa-using-ap-cli/ta-p/3143105
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: