cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP-2801i-B-k9

lisavbedt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi poeple l got problems with my Accesspoint l try install Mobility Express on my accesspoint no scuess l try ping right ip didn work 

12 Replies 12

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @lisavbedt ,

the procedure to convert a CAPWAP AP to a Mobility Express AP is relatively simple. I've done it a few times without any issues.

Here is the procedure to do the conversion: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-2/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide/b_Mobility_Express_Deployment_guide_chapter_01100.html

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

l tried that steps but lf as can help me out that wil be great 

And that page is hard read And What to do to exrpess mode

lisavbedt
Level 1
Level 1

Have Alot of problems with acess point l try install mobility express but no sucess l watched video of tuturial but l cant install new software of AP Someone Explain to me 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

can you post the logs what image you using what is error you getting when you convert ME  ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes l treid ping but doesnt respond l try other way didn work aswel 

Yes l treid ping but doesnt respond l try other way didn work aswel 

that does answer our question, you need explain more and provide more evidence of logs. ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Well l Watched video of how covert to mobility express but it didn mine says invaild marker

l did right Things to upgrade to mobility express but sill nothing And model is Ap2801i-b-k9 l dont of supported mobility express on this model

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

First of all, I'm not sure yor AP model is correct. According to Cisco documentation, the 2801i-b-k9 is not among the models for the 2800 series: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-2800-series-access-points/datasheet-c78-736497.html#Productspecifications

Second, the AP2802I-x-K9C or the AP2802E-x-K9C models can be configured as Mobility Express Master or Subordinate:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-5/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_5/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_5_chapter_00.pdf

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

1. Provide the exact model number of your AP - taken from the label on the AP.
2. Advise what software the AP is currently running? Login to the AP and use "show version"
3. Advise exactly what software image and version you were trying to use for the upgrade and the exact commands you were using to do the conversion.  If you got errors then quote the exact errors you got.

If you do not provide the detailed information we need then nobody here can help you work out what is going wrong.

AP Running Image : 17.9.3.154

And it doesnt ping to tftp l get errors

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card