Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 3500 deployment capacity?

David Salazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everybody.

What is the capacity recomendation for simultanious data users and  voice calls with codec G.711 and G.729 on APs Serie 3500?

I need to do a design but I do not find information about this point, In older version of APs  I was to readed  about it and was 7 and 8 calls.

Thanks for your help.

DS

5 Replies 5

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

Basically you mean 802.11n.. well.. If I am not wrong for 802.11n radios it was 53 (max) however every call use audio on both side so it shold be 25-26 at the same time, I cant remember were I read this..

Please someone correct me or provide any document that points to this ... I check the 7920 deployment guide but I cannot longer find the table that used to show that and comparing 802.11b -g

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I will disagree 100% by saying that the 7921 guide is still applicable.

You cannot make more calls on a 3500 than on a 1130 if you use 7921 that are 802.11g and not n.

If you use laptops with soft phones, it's a different story but then you'd need to make sure that the laptops are properly tagging voice traffic and this is rarely happening out of my experience.

Nicolas

Nicolas, thanks for lighting up in this post.

Please let me understand why you mean that 7921 are still applicable?

Arent we talking about bandwidth per call?

" the 7921 guide is still applicable"

You cannot place more calls with 7921s on a 3500 than on a 1131. The bandwitdh offered is still 54Mbps since the clients are 11g.

plop! you are totally RIGHT! I wasnt seen that REALLY IMPORTANT FACT!

+5 for u...

http://blog.cuerty.com/wp-includes/images/attachments/plop.jpg

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH YOU

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card