Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1800 "AIR-AP1852E-E-K9"

Dear Team,

I have couple of Cisco AP1800 at my branch office I want them to be register with WLC -5520 located at my HQ, Please help me with the steps I have to take to complete this installation.

Below are more details

AP Model

AP1800 "AIR-AP1852E-E-K9"

Cisco Aironet 1800 Series (IEEE 802.11ac) Access Point

Primary Software Version : 8.2.110.0

Controller 5520

Software Version 8.2.110.0
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes.

To convert from Mobility Express to CAPWAP, in enable mode enter the command "ap-type capwap".

View solution in original post

Mea culpa.  I didn't notice the AP was a 2702.  

Go to HERE.  Download the CAPWAP image (TAR file) and then un-pack the IOS into the AP using the command "archive download-sw /over tftp://<TFTP IP address>/filename.tar".

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the WLC command of "sh sysinfo".  

Please find attached as requested, Appreciate your urgent support.

Firmware looks good.  Regulatory Domain looks good. 

Console into the AP and reboot the AP.  Post the entire boot-up process.

Dear Leo,

I have WLC at my HQ and I have 2 Access Points at Branch, how I can register them to my WLC which is located at HQ from Branch?

I have WLC at my HQ and I have 2 Access Points at Branch, how I can register them to my WLC which is located at HQ from Branch?

If the AP boots in CAPWAP image then the AP will be able to find the WLC if DHCP Option 43 is enabled. 

Currently the AP is using Autonomous Image do I need to change it to lightweight image to register the same?

Currently the AP is using Autonomous Image do I need to change it to lightweight image to register the same?

1850 do NOT support autonomous IOS.  Only CAPWAP or Mobility Express.  

To convert from Mobility Express to CAPWAP, in enable mode enter the command "ap-type capwap".

I am sorry the AP type is AIR-CAP2702I-E-K9 with software image(AP3G2-K9W7-M), Version 15.3(3)JBB6, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2).

can I change this one to lightweight and add the same to WLC ?

Yes.

This command is not working

Mea culpa.  I didn't notice the AP was a 2702.  

Go to HERE.  Download the CAPWAP image (TAR file) and then un-pack the IOS into the AP using the command "archive download-sw /over tftp://<TFTP IP address>/filename.tar".

I have WLC 5520 with Version as 8.2.110.0 and AP model as   AIR-CAP2702I-E-K9, what is the appropriate lightweight version I have to download for AP?

It doesn't matter, Irshad.  The main objective of the CAPWAP image is to get the AP to find and join a controller.  Once the AP joins the controller, the controller will evaluate the version of the full IOS found in the AP.  If the AP doesn't have a full version or if the full version is not at the same level as the controller, the controller will PUSH the correct version down to the AP.  

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card