cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are any tools needed to configure an Aironet 1242AG?

joynerj
Level 1
Level 1

I keep getting messages that my access point refused to connect. 

I put in on the same switch I'm connected to (a C2960). I can see it gets an IP Address, I can ping it, but I get a refusal on the web address. The fact that the browser says refused to connect makes me think it's a permissions issue. 

I have the Cisco IPSU tool and when I input the MAC it finds the correct IP. I verified this on the DHCP server. Shouldn't I be able to hit the web interface of this access point using the IP address that was assigned? Am I missing something? 

My laptop doesn't have a serial port so I'm a little limited here. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to get into AP CLI to troubleshoot/verify your configuration.

You can use USB-Serial cable to get console access, if you only got USB ports in your laptop

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You need to get into AP CLI to troubleshoot/verify your configuration.

You can use USB-Serial cable to get console access, if you only got USB ports in your laptop

HTH

Rasika

I am brand new to Cisco. How do I get access to AP CLI? I tried to PUTTY into it using my desktop's serial port, but a blank black box opens and nothing happens. Wouldn't all setting be cleared since I wiped it? 

If you laptop/pc does not have a serial port, but got USB port, use some of the USB-Serial converter cable. You require to access AP console in order to do any basic configuration

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10857316/console-cable-usb-adapter

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card