Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ap3800 and 9115 mixed network

Not able to add 3800 with mobility express & 9115 EWC in single network. Mobility express delete EWC config if I am connect 9115 ap in network.

3 Replies 3

Rich R
VIP
VIP

That is not a supported setup. 

Mobility Express and EWC must never be used in the same environment as any other WLC or each other.
In your case you should configure the 9115 as EWC and convert the 3800 to CAPWAP and let it join the 9115 EWC.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can not mix EWC with any other controller in the network ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

In addition to all the above, it is not a good choice to mix APs from different generations (Wi-Fi5 and Wi-Fi6) into the same deployment, as that way the probabilities of disconnections while roaming increase for 802.11ax clients, as the driver could re-negotiate association as they detect different features than currentl negotiated for the connections.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card