Replies

C9115AXI-EWC-E Mixed with AP 1852i ME

beconnect
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

we have an ME deployment with two1852i 

now we bought 4x C9115AXI-EWC-E  

can you tell me if its better to create the Ewc new deployment and then join 1852i as “members” of the new “cluster”? ( assuming upgrade to 8.10 on the ME)

Are they compatible or should I leave the ME as it is , and create a new enviroment with the new 9115?

regards

48 Replies 48

The EWC WLC does not support VLANs at all so I don't think you can do that.
The WLAN VLAN on the AP part is configured in the flex profile as per https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/213945-understand-flexconnect-on-9800-wireless.html but even if you configured the DHCP pool on the WLC it won't work because there's no way to connect it to the VLAN.  Configure the DHCP pool on your router or switch.

Hi Rich

Yes. I was reading about the vlans. In the ME it was possible to get vlans and DHCP inside the controller.

SO in the EWC  virtual controller we should only configure the vlans info on the flex profile , assign that to the AP's and put inside our network de DHCP Pool for the ssid..

Correct?

we have already switchport configured with vlan 10 mgmt and 20 for ssid , being the vlan 10 native.

Thanks

Hi Rich 

thanks it worked good , with external DHCp

LAb completed successfully! 

Cisco 9115 as EWC, mixed with 1852i , all on version 17.9.

Final stage is to implement this on a running ME with 1832i and 1852i AP's.

I will upgrade the ME to 8.10 , then I will convert them all to capwap.

Last will connect the new 9115 and wait that all the existing old 1800 series join the new cluster.. 

IF it worked on lab, should work good. Lets see

thanks for all the support!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card