cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call for Comments on Free Airport Wifi Design

sin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm involved in a wireless LAN project where we need to provide free Internet access to all passengers in a large airport. We are well on hour way deploying more access points and preparing controller configuration.

I would like to here from people with experience from similar cases or just hear what you think is important to support a high density high usage wireless design.

Pleas find some details about the design in attached pdf doc.

Best regards and thank for taking the time.

Rasmus Sindum

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Serge Yasmine
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, i hapen to be in TAC and not your best guy when it comes to design question but i can give one tip of advise: pay attention to RRM  when APs are mounted high above the ground and where they can hear eachother very well but will not be the case for clients. rrm will push power levels on aps down but normally coverage hole algo should kick in. also outside of this valuable cisco support channel, try to get in touch with your cisco sales team they will be able to help you out on design questions as well.

good luck at the airport!

serge

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Serge Yasmine
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, i hapen to be in TAC and not your best guy when it comes to design question but i can give one tip of advise: pay attention to RRM  when APs are mounted high above the ground and where they can hear eachother very well but will not be the case for clients. rrm will push power levels on aps down but normally coverage hole algo should kick in. also outside of this valuable cisco support channel, try to get in touch with your cisco sales team they will be able to help you out on design questions as well.

good luck at the airport!

serge

Thanks Serge.

Yes. I know RRM can be tricky. I think that maybe we should set the minimum power level. Thank for reminding me.

I'm already talking to our Cisco contact, but sometimes there is someone out there with a important comment.

Chears Rasmus

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card