cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can 9120AXI AP: 17.6.4.56 connect to WLC 3504: AireOS 8.10.142.0 ?

ARUNPRABHU A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

We have received a new batch of AP : C9120AXI-K having image ap1g7-k9w8 Version: 17.6.4.56. This AP has to be connected with WLC 3504 with AireOS 8.10.142.0.

As we are not finding relevant documents w.r.to Compatibility of IOS-XE based AP connecting to the AireOS WLCs. We are seeking your advice on the below :

1) The existing AP < C9120AXI-K having image ap1g7-k9w8 Version: 17.6.4. >  is  it compatible with WLC AireOS 8.10.142.0 ? If not what should be do to make this working ?  As the WLC is already connected with other AP's , what is the best possible way to have minimal impact in the production network , while connecting the AP?

Appreciate your response at the earliest with any reference links please..

Regards, 

ARUN PRABHU A

I am not sure whether APs also come with AireOS and IOS XE versions, can you pls clarify this as well.

6 Replies 6

Thanks , I even gone through this field notice thanks for sharing. my question is can 8.10.X aireOS WLC can connect to AP with 17.6.4.56, or should be manually change the AP to version 15

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/is-it-possible-to-revert-an-ap-2800-back-from-ios-xe-to-aireos/m-p/4576986#M239931
           You will need to install the compatible image manually : 15.3(3)JK4

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks Marce.. As per my understanding you are suggesting to manually reimage the AP to 15.3(3)JK4.. if we reimage the hope it can associated with AireOS WLC

Rich R
VIP
VIP

No.  You should upgrade the 3504 to 8.10.190.0 code first (always refer to the TAC recommended link below).  Then the 9120 APs will be able to join and automatically download the correct image from the WLC which will be 15.3(3)JK10.

I am not sure whether APs also come with AireOS and IOS XE versions, can you pls clarify this as well.
Neither - the APs run an operating system called AP-COS

The WLC, software version and corresponding AP software versions are all in the Cisco Wireless Solutions Software Compatibility Matrix - link below - which also shows you which APs are supported in each release.  The supported APs are also detailed in the release notes for each release: 
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn810mr10.html#supported-aps

Thanks Rich for the details, we will try it out with proper downtime and then update the progress.

Thanks again for all the responses

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card