CCC3
Level 1
Level 1

Can I use secondary vlan on WLC 9800?

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Not sure on what you want to do , please elaborate  and or why the need for a 'secondary vlan' ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Generally speaking, it refers to the pvlan used by the switch.

Many users cannot all fit into one VLAN.
I want to use secondary vlan to avoid dividing it into multiple vlans.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the use case here ? you can have vlan group instead of secondary VLAN ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Whether to use secondary vlan is a customer's request.

- Have a look at : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/vlan-groups.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

is this for Same SSID ? You can create new VLAN and Add to VLAN group for the same SSID ? is that works

BB

What the customer wants is, for example, to divide the band into secondary VLANs of multiple bands within the /22 band VLAN.

What the customer wants is, for example, to divide the band into secondary VLANs of multiple bands within the /22 band VLAN

we understand what customer want, after subneeting what will you do allocation secondary IP - what is the outcome of it ?

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card